Life gets busy and stressful. I get it. We are constantly looking for a quick fix for everything – food, daily routine and how we maintain our households. We bring home whatever product that promises to get our house clean faster and keep it that way. But when you stop and think about it, these products are often a harsh cocktail of chemicals! They can be bad for your health and your loved ones’ health.
I started rethinking what I bring into my home a long time ago. I began to look for healthier and greener solutions to keep my home clean but chemical free. My three main motivations for switching to all-natural green cleaners for my home were…
1. Maintain a healthier home
All natural, green cleaning products are significantly safer for your health, compared to other common cleaners. You probably know that many chemical-based cleaning products can contribute to causing health problems, including respiratory issues, allergic reactions etc. I don’t want my family breathing in those chemical cleaners that linger in the air or touch residues that sit on surfaces. I don’t like the smell of those chemicals either!
2. Be good to the environment
Every time you use a chemical-based cleaner you get a certain amount of chemical components in the air, and they also get into the local water system. This harms delicate ecosystems. We effectively contaminate habitats of many living creatures like frogs and birds. It’s totally different with green cleaners. They don’t harm the planet. In fact, some homemade cleaners are practically edible, made with ingredients like baking soda, olive oil and lemon.
I’ve discovered that all-natural green cleaners are easier on my family budget. I love that! They’re easy and fun to make. For example, here’s an easy recipe for an all-purpose green cleaner for you:
- 1/2 c white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp baking soda
- 10 drops tea tree, lavender, or lemon essential oil
Easy, right? However, if you are looking for commercial all-natural green cleaners, here’s what I recommend:
– Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner contains plant-based cleaning agents. Use it for everyday touch up cleaning and as well as for some serious cleanup. It safely and effectively cleans floors, counters, and surfaces in bathrooms and kitchens.
– This is my dish soap: Seven Generation Dish Liquid Soap. I don’t want any chemicals in my house, especially near my food!
– Biokleen Laundry Detergent is what I use to do my laundry. It will deep clean your laundry for only pennies per load (I told you I like budget friendly, right?) Just with a tablespoon per a load it removes all odors and stains. It’s hypoallergenic, non-toxic and safer for the environment!
Switching to all-natural green cleaners was a no brainer for me. I feel good using products that are good for my health, the environment and my family budget. I love using all natural beauty products too.
You can read about it in my blog post 5 Secret All-Natural Beauty Products That Will Get You Glowing.