Makes 1 parfait
- ⅔ cup finished basic chia pudding
- ⅔ cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Sea salt
Apple Pie Additions:
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Chunky applesauce*
- Currants or raisins
- Toast the walnuts: Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Place the walnuts on a small baking pan lined with parchment paper. Add the maple syrup and add a pinch of salt. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until crunchy and caramelized.
- Place the chia pudding in a bowl. Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a 6-ounce mason jar, place a couple of spoonfuls of the chunky applesauce on the bottom. Add a few currants or raisins.
- Add a spoonful of the chia pudding mixture, then some candied walnuts on top.
- Repeat the process until almost full. Top with a few more currants or raisins and walnuts.
- To make Chunky Applesauce, place 1 cored, peeled and chopped apple with 2 tablespoons maple syrup in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer on low, covered, for 10 minutes. In a separate bowl, mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 2 teaspoons apple juice. Stir this into the cooked apple and cook a few more minutes until thick. Add a touch of cinnamon if you want.