Vegan Coleslaw Coleslaw is a classic dish that is great on it’s own, or can be used as an ingredient in your favorite wraps and sandwiches.
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage (can use the “S” blade of a food processor)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded carrots (can also use the food processor)
- 1/2 cup Homemade Olive Oil Mayo (below) or Follow Your Heart brand Grapeseed Oil Vegenaise Mayo
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Optional: Black pepper to taste
Homemade Olive Oil Mayo
- Ingredients: 3/4 cup coconut milk (the refrigerated kind in the carton)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Place the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix well with a pair of tongs, or your hands.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving to help break down the cabbage.
For Homemade Mayo: Place the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and mustard in a blender. Blend together to incorporate, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Add the sea salt and blend again for a few seconds. Pour into a small glass jar and refrigerate.