It doesn’t get any better than homemade pizza! This one is vegan-friendly.
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 Tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons rice bran oil
- 3 cups unbleached all purpose flour (plus extra for rolling out the pizza dough)
- 1 jar pitted black olives
- 1 can of pizza sauce (or homemade carrot sauce)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Shredded vegan Mozzarella
- In a small glass measuring cup, combine the warm water and sugar. Sprinkle the active dry yeast over the surface of the water. Let sit for a few minutes (up to 10 minutes) until foamy and activated. If you want to gently stir it, use a wooden spoon.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and sea salt.
- In a food processor, add the yeast-sugar water mixture, rice bran oil and flour. Process until all ingredients are combined. The dough will be sticky. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature (in a warm place) for 1 hour.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, place it on a lightly floured surface. Sprinkle with some flour and work the flour into the dough with your hands. Add just enough extra flour to achieve a smooth dough.
- Cut the dough in half. Set one dough ball aside and place the other on a piece of parchment paper. Roll the dough flat, stretching gently as needed. Flatten into a circle. Keep the edges a little thicker.
- Preheat the oven to 465 degrees F. Place a stainless baking sheet or pizza pan on the bottom shelf of the oven to warm it for a few minutes. Remove from the oven and quickly place the parchment paper with pizza dough on top of the warmed baking sheet.
- Top the dough with an even thin layer of pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese and black olives. You can add whatever toppings you like. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve topped with some chopped fresh basil leaves.