- 2 sweet potatoes or yams
- Olive oil
- One onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and pepper
- White wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Squeeze of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame tahini
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- A few pinches sea salt
- 3–5 tablespoons water
- Please whole sweet potatoes or yams in a covered casserole in the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. When finished remove from oven, keep covered and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare sautéed vegetable topping: in a skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and a pinch of salt, cook and stir for five minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and thyme. If the onions are sticking to the pan add a small splash of white wine. Cover and cook for five more minutes or until the mushrooms have softened. Add the kale and another splash of white wine. Cover and cook for five more minutes. Add remaining seasonings: maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice or balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and cook and stir for a few more minutes.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well together. The consistency should be something like ketchup.
- Slice the cooked sweet potatoes or yams in half lengthwise and evenly distribute the sautéed vegetables on top of each one. Drizzle with a couple tablespoons of the sauce and serve.
- Serving Size: 4