- 12 ounces fusilli pasta
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- White wine
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook fusilli pasta according to package directions. When finished cooking, drain well and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with two tablespoons of olive oil plus sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Please cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a couple of teaspoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle evenly with some sea salt and black pepper. Bake for 20 minutes or until softened.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the onion and stir. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, then add the garlic, dried oregano and basil and a splash of white wine. Cook and stir for a few more minutes. Add the carrot match sticks and broccoli, another splash of wine and pinch of salt. Stir briefly then cover and cook until the broccoli is tender but still bright green.
- To the bowl of cooked fusilli pasta, add the roasted cherry tomatoes, sautéed onion, and cooked carrot and broccoli. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon (or more to taste) over the pasta and season with more sea salt and pepper to taste.