- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced and boiled
- 2 Tablespoons oat bran
- 1/3 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed meal
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Black pepper
- Optional: Smoked paprika to taste
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, onion and a pinch of the sea salt to soften the onion. Cook for a few minutes, then add the mushroom. Cook 5 to 10 minutes, until nice and tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the kidney beans, carrots, oat bran, oat flour, flax seed meal, parsley, water, and seasonings. Partly mash the ingredients together.
- Prepare a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper. Form the mixture into four burger patties. Place them on your baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, then turn the burgers and bake for another 15 minutes. Serve with on hamburger buns or lettuce leaves, topped with your favorite condiments.