This easy vegan French toast is total comfort food! Simply use banana to thicken up the batter, dip your sourdough bread and fry it up. It’s fun to make and satisfying for the whole family.
- 1 banana, sliced
- 5–6 slices sourdough bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- A few pinches sea salt
- Avocado oil, for frying
For Presentation: Your favorite vegan butter, sliced almonds, maple syrup, powdered
- Place the banana in a stainless steel cup (if using a stick blender) or a regular blender. Add the almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Meanwhile place the bread in a shallow glass dish and add the banana mixture, evenly coating both sides. You can let it soak for a little while.
- Add enough avocado oil to coat the bottom of the heated skillet. Add a few slices of the soaked bread. Fry on each side for a few minutes, until lightly browned. If it sticks add extra oil. Be sure to avoid the French toast overcooking by checking frequently.
- Transfer to a plate, add a few pats of your favorite butter, some maple syrup and a light sprinkle of powdered sugar if you wish, along with some sliced almonds.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast, easy breakfast, vegan breakfast, French toast, vegan French toast, dairy free, egg free, healthy breakfast